Join us tonight at HUB Ottawa for the second Innovation Drinks event:
This is a regular meeting of the Innovation Studio 527 Meetup.
One of our fellow members Keith has volunteered to start the discussion of how Design Thinking can help solve complex problems.
Keith will do a 20 minute presentation: Design Thinking – A Diamond in the Rough
1. Relevance to this group: structured approach to complex problems
2. Brief background, origins, key players, examples.
3. Current status: Confusion! Stanford is aggressively pushing it out to all students and faculty members. Concurrently the Design Management Institute is holding a conference panel discussion, “Is Design Thinking Dead?”
4. Causes of confusion, new animal, turf war.
5. Path forward in Ottawa. Soccer analogy, from swarm to pro league.
This will prompt our discussion.
Hub Ottawa is really well suited to this style of conversation. The location is not a pub, so if you want you can BYOB. I will also include coffee, tea, water in the catering.
A nominal fee to cover the cost of food is required – $10.
For you foodies, here is the menu.