Canadian Knowledge Mobilization Forum 2012
June 19 & 20, 2012
Ottawa – Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport,
2400 Alert Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1V 1S1
Knowledge Mobilization has seen a significant growth over the past decade. There are more organizations engaged in active knowledge mobilization efforts. There are more people with knowledge mobilization as their profession. Research efforts to understand and optimize knowledge mobilization practice have accelerated and are attracting more resources. It is now time to come together to share both the science and art of knowledge mobilization. The Canadian Knowledge Mobilization Forum will provide access to some of the best minds and most creative practitioners in the field. Come to share what you know so we can create together.
- Keynote speakers will be: Inspirational, Master Networkers, Visionary, and Action Oriented.
- The themes to be addressed include practice in: Education, Health, Public Policy, and Community Partnerships.
- Learn from the latest research findings.
- Discover new products and applications for knowledge mobilization.
- Enhance your own leadership and management abilities by hearing what your colleagues are doing.
- Colleagues and peers will connect through Knowledge Cafés, a Wine and Cheese Reception, and ramp up action with Knowledge Mobilization Springboard Rounds.
Call for Presentations
There are 4 categories of presentations you may submit to:
- Practice Breakouts– these are 15-20 minutes (we suggest half presentation and half discussion). The goal is to focus on what you are doing? What are the results you are achieving? What are the challenges you are facing? There are 4 themes: Health, Education, Public Policy, and Community Partnerships.
- Research Breakouts – these are 15-20 minutes (we suggest half presentation and half discussion). The goal is to present in plain language, any research results related to knowledge mobilization regardless of subject area (we will make groupings after reviewing the submissions).
- Product & Application Breakouts – these are 30 minutes (again, we suggest half presentation and half discussion). The goal is to present how knowledge mobilization is actually being developed and applied – new reports, new decision aids, new software, new mobile applications – anything that helps move what we know into action.
- Leadership & Management Breakouts – these are 30 minutes (again, we suggest half presentation and half discussion). The goal is to share emerging practice related to the business and development of knowledge mobilization activities. How are your offices organized? How do you evaluate performance? What does it take to lead others?
The program is in development but an early version is available for download.
Attendance at this event is limited to 120 people. We want to make deep connections and create an intimate and stimulating space.
Registration is Now Open. Click on the banner above to register. You may also click HERE.
Fees are: $495.00 + HST
Students are provided with a discounted rate: $345.00 + HST
Attendance fees include all meals, snacks and conference materials – including a bound edition of the conference proceedings.
We are thankful for the volunteers who have provided their time, energy and spirit to making this event come to life. If you would like to learn more about the volunteer opportunities for this conference, please contact us by email: (email@example.com) or phone (1.613.422.1612)
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @KMbW_Updates
Sponsors and Partners
We are grateful to our sponsors and partners. If you would like to learn more about the sponsorship opportunities for this conference, please contact us by email: (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (1.613.422.1612)